macbook pro and boot camp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wolflock54, Jan 26, 2010.

1. wolflock54 macrumors newbie

Hey all im looking into buying a new laptop, i have a gateway fx(its about 1.5 years old) thats just crapping out on me and sick of dealing with it. I do currently have a imac and i use boot camp on it and love it to play my pc games like l4d2. I was thinking of getting another pc laptop but now considering a mac laptop. I was wondering if boot camp runs good on it and if anyone has had problems with boot camp on a mac book pro or air. If any does have boot camp installed how is it when playing pc games if u have done so. thanks all

2. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I have never had any issue, Windows runs just like it would on any other computer on MBP's. Trust me Windows is very important for what I do, and it really does it perfectly.

3. wolflock54 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Battery life is about half of what I getin osx. Tap and drag does not work very well. And keyboard backlight defaults to full brightness after every reboot, but the sensor still works so it does not come on in bright lighting environments.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

The macbook air would probably suck for boot camping, probably because I'm not sure you can use a remote CD drive to installer windows on it. Add to the fact that it's a rather slow computer to begin with and you can forget any amount of gaming on it.