MacBook Pro and BT Mouse -- erratic behavior

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Argelius, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Hi,
    Just curious if anyone has any insight into how to solve this issue.

I have a MacBook Pro (Intel, running Leopard) and a Kensington BT mouse.

This problem seems to come and go, but more often than not the cursor movement is really erratic with the mouse -- will jump from spot to spot and can be very difficult to precisely position.

I've tried replacing the batteries, but with no success. Just curious if there is anything to be done short of buying a different mouse. (As far as I can determine, I have the latest driver).

Thanks.

2. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

I'm having the same problem.

For me, this only occurs when the computer is struggling though. Like when I have some intense apps like Photoshop open, then it tends to behave erratic like you said.

It's like the computer can't 'process' the cursor movements in time because it has a lot of other stuff to do and that's why the cursor is kinda 'jumping around'.

Which mouse do you have by the way?
    I got a SlimBlade BT Trackball Mouse. Lovin' it so far.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've had this issue with my PowerBook, it mainly happened when I was downloading or my ATV was syncing.
    I noticed there is a slight touch of the behavior on my MacPro, but I think it has a lot to do with my network setup.

My PB is on Tiger, my MP is Leopard. I do not know if it is the OS or what.

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I had the same problem with my BT Mighty Mouse when my Bluetooth headset was turned on and near my laptop. I didn't think BT would cause any interference since the devices have to be paired for communication, guess not.

5. mgpg89 macrumors 6502a

mgpg89

Now that you mention this interference issue.
    I noticed some lag with my BT mouse as well when I send out text messages with my Motorola RAZR through the EmitSMS widget.

6. mglode macrumors newbie

Any solutions?

I have the same problem with my apple wireless mouse. Very erratic. Tried to turn off my bluetooth on the blackberry in my pocket. No luck. This is VERY frustrating. I hope someone has some solution, since i like the wireless mouse.:(

7. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I have not seen any issues with my ATT Tilt and my Microsoft BT NB 5000 Mouse.