macbook pro and cinema hd 30 inch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by domiS, Jul 1, 2009.

1. domiS macrumors newbie

Hi,

I found a used apple 30 inch cinema hd display that im thinking of buying.
    The only mac i got is a mbp (early 2008 model) to run it with, will that run smooth in 2560x1600 res?
    I got 4gb of ram, and the 8600m gt 256mb gfx card.

Im a retoucher, and a graphic designer so photoshop, illustrator and indesign will be used frequently.

Any experience with this combo?

thnx in advance!

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

that graphics card is good enough to run that screen so i dont see any problem.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

+1

4. kolax macrumors G3

It'll work fine. Post some pictures of your new toys when they arrive ;)

5. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I have this EXACT configuration. I bought all the hardware last year new...here goes:

1. Color calibrating this combo was EXTREMELY difficult. The white had to be toned down very far due to small red wavy lines appearing otherwise. White is actually a very, very soft white with a beige tone to it.
    1a. The red wavy lines are similar to when there is a refresh rate issue between the display and the graphics board.
    2. Even still the problem has not been totally resolved.
    3. I have had my logic board/grphics board AND the 30" ACD replaced by Apple ...twice...no bullsheet. In addition, I have been on the phone with Apple support MANY times about this. AND I have taken in all this hardware into a 'genius' for him to take a look at...to no avail.

Given your line of work I would exercise EXTREME caution, given my experience and the fact that I have installed exactly what you plan to purchase.

The real bitch of it is...is that the problem comes and goes. And no one can figure out why.

Perhaps you can buy it with a 15 day return at no cost. You will know by then if you have the same problem I have.

Let the buyer be ware! :mad:

6. domiS thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thats some valuable info right there, sad news none the less.
    Ive googled it. Seems like there are more ppl with the same issue, gah.
    So this means i have to jump down to a 23/24 inch screen? :(