macbook pro and Diablo III

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbookpro00, May 17, 2012.

1. macbookpro00 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am playing Diablo on my macbook pro 13 (late 2011, 2.4 ghz i5, 4 GB ram)
    it has been lagging a bit when I play so I am asking is there a way to reduce/ stop the lag?
    Also I am using smc fan control and I was wondering about wether it is safe to put the fan on maximum when I play Diablo (since it overheats like ****)
    or how much should I adjust the fan to be on?
    :apple:

2. Laco macrumors 6502

There's is nothing you can do to reduce the lag. The problem is the integrated graphics card. Leave the fans alone.

3. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Have you reduced the settings to all low/off and lowered the resolution?
    My 2010 MBA 11" plays it fine on the lowest settings.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

What you call overheat is just the normal increase in temperature when the CPU is under load. Real overheating would signal itself through immediate shutdown of the machine.

Your machine is close to or below the specs for Diablo III. Have you set all graphics settings to the lowest possible values? Unfortunately that is all you can do.

5. macbookpro00 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did make everything to low and now it works good enough
    and what I mean by it overheats is that it gets up to 70 degrees or sometimes even more and I was wondering if this can harm the laptop in any way?
    thanks for the replies guys

6. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

No, that temperature is normal for a Mac. You can't harm anything by running the processor hot. If it approaches a temperature that is dangerous, it will shut itself down.