Macbook pro and HP Psc printer problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rfranco, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rfranco macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I am having a serious problem with two devices that i need to set up and i can't.
    I have a 2011 macbook pro running the last version of SL and i need to set up my jurassic all in one printer HP PSC 950.

I am able to print from this printer, with the driver that SL install automatically but i can't scan in anyway.

I have tried all the methos that are said in apple and i just can't get it work,

Can somebody help me please?

Best Regards

2. ScandalOz macrumors newbie

Macbook pro and HP Psc printer problem

I am having the same problem. My error message tells me that some other program on my computer is using the HP imaging connection and tells me to quit that program. Also my computer can't recognize the scanner part of my printer. I went to the HP website and could find nothing about this.

I did everything that the apple help screens suggested and still can't get my computer and the scanner option to recognize each other.

I would also be extremely grateful for any help with this.

3. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried looking on HP site. There is a way you can scan w/o using HP's software. Try looking here

4. rfranco thread starter macrumors newbie

as i said in the post, o already tried everything that apple mention in support pages and also in that page you mentioned, it doesn't work

5. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

How are you connecting to the printer? USB or wireless. Do you get the same issue when connected to USB?

6. rfranco thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm connected by usb..

I already found a driver in hp, but i installed it and when i click on the scan app it appears a error of some kind of conflict with TWAIN Source Manager.Shlb in library with the app HP Scan

7. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried deleting the hp files and reinstalling them. Is this the only printer you have? if so I would delete anything that has all the hp files, and reinstall the drivers for your model printer. Also make sure you downloading the correct version of OS on your machine.

8. rfranco thread starter macrumors newbie

I have other printer which is working perfect.

I can't find any drives designed for snowleopard, i just find drivers for 10.4.

I have seen in a apple support link, that this printer looses scan option in snow leopard. is this possible?

9. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

There is your problem, you have the wrong drivers. You have 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and the drivers you are installing are 10.4(Tiger). Maybe time you buy a new printer since this one almost 10 years old...

10. rfranco thread starter macrumors newbie

i still use it just because of scanner because i have purchased a epson sp 1400.

maybe i'll buy i new epson multifuction, which cost the same as i canon scanner

11. maccanovi macrumors newbie

Solved!

solved same problem I had....by putting an old version of that library (from Time Machine backup) in the right folder as you see in attachment.

Ciao

Attached Files: