Macbook Pro and Leopard (Lid Issue)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tadros86, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Tadros86 macrumors 6502

Tadros86

I installed Leopard after a fresh install of my Macbook Pro discs. I have a Macbook Pro 2.4ghz with 2gb of ram and a 160gb 7200rpm hard drive. Anyway, while on Tiger I would want to close my computer and put it away in my bag, instead of turning it off I would just close it and it would go to sleep. After installing Leopard, everything worked fine, but my sleep mode when I closed the lid. It would go to sleep for about 30 seconds and come right back out. So I uninstalled Leopard formated and re-installed Tiger, my sleep mode works again. I dunno whats up with Leopard, but I was on the phone with Apple Care for about an hour doing everything they told me to do, and nothing worked. I enjoyed Leopard, but I also enjoy using my Macbook Pro the way it was supposed to be used. This sucks, anyone have the same issue? Any help?

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Strange issue, I have the same computer as yours and have upgraded to Leopard but experience no problem whatsoever when I close the lid to put it to sleep. Perhaps you should try contacting Apple technical support.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

mine sleeps but it just takes it about 30 seconds where as before with tiger it would sleep in about 5 seconds, dont think ive had it wake up though, and this was with a clean install

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I have the same problem. I also have pressed the power button then selected sleep and waited until after it is asleep then close the lid but it then just wakes up immediately. I have found my battery life to be less and I think it is because it does not sleep all the time when I close the lid.

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

this is getting annoying, its one thing for new features to be buggy, but to have all of these issues with older features on a simply updated OS? apple needs to get their heads out of their asses and allow for public betas to get these issues taken care of before we all go and pay 129 bucks on their new software how nice it must be for apple to have people pay them to publicly beta test it for them:mad:

6. stevel58 macrumors newbie

stevel58

I had a similar problem where my MBP (same spec as OP) would switch itself back on even after I had apparently shut it down! This happened twice and meant that when I retrieved my MBP from its sleeve and bag it was baking hot!

After a bit of digging around I found a log file that was reporting a kernel error caused by DoubleCommand. I uninstalled this and other addons that had worked perfectly under Tiger and my MBP is now behaving perfectly. Goes to sleep and shuts down with no problems.

So in my case it wasn't Leopard but other addon software that caused the issue.

7. Tadros86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tadros86

All I had on my computer was Logic Studio, Protools, and iStat Pro Widget. I dunno what would be causing this, I am going to re-install leopard and see what happens, if it does it again I am gonna stick with Tiger till I hear about an update. I can't believe the Apple Tech Support never head of this issue. It is really annoying.

8. Tadros86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tadros86

So after re-installing Tiger and closing my lid it goes right to sleep, after installing Leopard on my external hard drive without first installing Tiger the lid issue works, but no iLife cause I didn't use my Macbook Pros discs, and after installing Leopard again on my internal hard drive, lid problem comes back. Does this have to do with any of Tigers updates? or is there a leopard update to correct this? This really sucks.

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I went off on a rant about the exact same thing happening to me yesterday.