Macbook Pro And Pro Tools Interface Issue...i Need Heeeelp!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AntBoogie, Aug 20, 2010.

1. AntBoogie macrumors newbie

Good afternoon,

Okay here is the deal> I just upgraded form the new macbook to the new macbook pro. Ihad a friend of mine install protools 8 hd and Im trying to use this with my audio interface which is a mbox2, just like I was doing with my macbook. Apparently, this isnot working because the usb light on the mbox 2 isn't coming on! Now in order to make sound come from the protools I have to manually enable an application called XVX (which I really don't know what its for besides activating the built-in output.)Im simply trying to track a beat into pro-tools llike I used to do with my macbook but it is not letting me because my interface isn't being turned on by the macbook pro. the mic lights are dimly on and when i can press the phantom power 48v light on and that will come on but the light where it says usb and spdif is not coming on at all!! So how can i simply put this beat into protools...is therr something internally i have to do...Im a novice at this so im calling ALL the experts to help me out...reall quick...Thank you in advance and im hear to answer any questions about this problem. Once again, thank you all....

2. neccoloup macrumors member

Pro Pools HD is for specific avid PCI interfaces only. pro tools LE will work with the mbox series.

I could tell you more because I work for Avid but it sounds like you pirated our software so thanks for nothing.

3. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

Yikes. Caught by the man. Avid does damn fine work, so hats off to you, sir.

OP- your software shouldn't have anything to do with powering the MBox. I use the MBox2 as well with Logic Pro and ProTools LE, not HD, but I don't have to have any app open and it turns on/powers the Mbox all the same (as it should). Your problem sounds like the Mbox is not getting the power it needs to run.

Sounds like you got a funky usb port? Did you try another port? Did you try other peripherals in that port?