Macbook Pro and random beeps

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wolfheart, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Wolfheart macrumors newbie

Hi.

My new Macbook pro is making some random beep sounds. What could cause this? Sometimes I can hear them constantly and sometimes there will be days without any beeps. I bought my macbook just couple weeks ago.

Here is a video. You can hear the beeps at the end(sorry about bad video quality): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CiWuMWh78

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

First, the audio is indeed horrible, can't hear much.

Second, when do you hear the beeps, at startup, do you hear 3 beeps, if that is the case the RAM is faulty.

3. Wolfheart thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes audio is bad, but can't make better recording right now. Beeps can be heard at the end of the video. I recorded that video with mobile phone at cinema projector room and this room is quite noisy. It's impossible to know when that sound comes. Sometimes there are many beeps during short period and sometimes only one beep/week etc.

I don't hear beeps at startup. Beeps appear randomly during normal computer usage.

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Run Apple Hardware test and see if there are any errors, never heard about beeps while in the OS.

5. AnotherScott macrumors newbie

One thing I would suspect would be that you could have a web page loaded that has some kind of animated ad on it, and the sound is coming from that ad.