MacBook Pro and sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aimeeinohio, Nov 22, 2011.

1. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

I would like to access my computer on my iPad via Splashtop while I am out of town for the weekend with family (I still have homework that will be due damn it). If I simply leave it plugged in and turned on and the lid opened, will that work?

Or do I need to do something to that it doesn't sleep and the screensaver does not come on?

Thanks!:p

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Caffeine will override your Energy Saver settings and prevent your Mac from sleeping, with just a click of the mouse. For remote access, I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.... and it's free for personal use.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Concur

+1 For Teamviewer, very stable, very safe.

4. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

Should I use teamviewer rather than splash top?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never heard of splash top until now. I've been using TeamViewer for years. I trust it and have never had problems with it. I'm sure there are many remote desktop solutions out there, but I prefer to go with one that is widely recognized and trustworthy.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Teamviewer

Is far far better than Splashtop. I've tried both and there is no comparison. Teamviewer wins hands down.