Macbook Pro and software issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applemike68, May 7, 2011.

1. applemike68 macrumors regular

Not sure if this is the right thread but i have a couple of software related issues with my new macbook pro.

1. I've installed Office 2011 for Mac, and I've copied a few of my excel spreadsheets from my windows computer onto my new mac. My issue is when I go to open one (1) spreadsheet any of the saved spreadsheets open. I must have 20 that open automatically and I can't stop it. Any suggestions?

2. How do I uninstall a demo program like aperture? I know how to do it in windows and when I searched it didn't seem a that clear.

Thanks,
    M

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

1) Sounds like an issue you need to report to the Office for Mac team: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/support

2) Drag the application icon to your trash or just Delete it from a Finder window to uninstall it. Some older or less modernized apps require an uninstaller, but most apps that utilize OSX features can be installed or uninstalled by dragging an icon to a folder. Aperture, in your case, is one of those that can be dragged to your trash to uninstall or dragged into your Applications folder to install it.