Macbook Pro and Sony Bravia

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Coldkill3, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Coldkill3 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm considering purchasing a macbook pro over a 24" imac seeing as i currently own a 32" lcd Bravia which will be sitting comfortably in my room next to my ps3, sat. reciever etc. I was wondering if anyone's hooked up their bravias to macbook pros and how well they've managed to use them? I've heard reports that they make c rappy monitors because they are too big and the text remains small. I really really need more realestate then is provided by the 15" mbp monitor, and i can't really afford to dishout $800 for a 23" cinema display or equivalent so that is why I have been leaning over to the imac more any thoughts??

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I have a Macbook hooked into a 46 inch 1080p Bravia everyday and it looks beautiful. The text and colors are sharp as a tack.

3. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I have a MacBook Pro and a 32" U Bravia.

It works beautifully for media. Text is never really that small, because the resolution of the TV is quite low (1328x768 or whatever it is). This is the only problem - as a large 'monitor', it may be awkward to use as a work environment due to the low res of the TV - text isn't small, just low-res.

If you're sitting in front of your TV at a desk - I would say it doesn't have the resolution to behave like a monitor. But if you're sitting on a couch a couple meters away, it would be great!

4. Coldkill3 thread starter macrumors newbie

wait, im sorry im not very well informed of differences between tvs and monitors with the exception that tv's have a tuning card and an antenna, do monitors generally have better resolutions then televisions etc, my tv supports 1080i/720p (didnt want to dish out an extra $500 for the same size tv with slightly higher resolution). My concern is will i be able to lets say edit photos on it or is it just too large, how do the people with the 30" monitors cope with the humungous size??