macbook pro and windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vance09, Aug 17, 2017.

1. vance09 macrumors regular

I have a new MacBook pro (dec 2016) and through boot camp I am trying to install windows 7.
    The boot camp will not accept the win7 iso or win8.1 iso only windows 10, I really did not want windows 10
    Has anyone loaded win7 through boot camp?

2. Raz0rEdge macrumors member

Raz0rEdge

You cannot run anything prior to Windows 10 on the new machines through Boot Camp. Besides, you really should be using the newer version of Windows which Microsoft is maintaining, the previous versions are not maintained and a security risk..

Regards

3. Raz0rEdge macrumors member

Raz0rEdge

While MS may have limited support for it, the point is really moot since Boot Camp will not allow you to install it on a newer Mac..

That site also indicates that there will be lack of support in Windows 7/8 for newer hardware..

Regards

4. Audit13 macrumors 68000

Audit13

Yes, anything before windows 10 won't work with boot camp by virtual machines may be an option.

Drivers made for windows 10 and 8.1 will often work in 7. In my experience, popular windows hardware has always had windows 7 support.