MacBook Pro and Wireless Connectivity

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Zietto23, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Zietto23 macrumors newbie

I have had 8 months of problems connecting to the Internet with my MBP.

I have experienced at least 4 different types of problems. I have an Airport Extreme at home and my MBP doesn't get along with it either.

I am by far not the only user with one or more forms of connectivity issues.

It appears that a percentage of MacBook Pros (unquantified as of yet) develop wireless issues (the typology is varied) Problems arise either after a certain period, or sometimes right out of the box. Numerous discussions can be found on this topic.

There is no definitive solution to these problems at the moment. Apple itself has not expressed any interest in the wireless difficulties that are constantly arising among MBP users.

No one seems to know what is causing this issue (software? firmware? hardware? a combination of all three?). They can occur with 3rd party routers and with Apple routers.

Anyone contemplating the purchase of a costly MacBook Pro should be aware that problems with wireless connectivity is a very real issue and will compromise the functioning of your notebook.

I consider this problem Apple's Achilles Heel. I predict that in a relatively short term wireless connectivity issues will re-dimension downward the sales of MBPs.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I think you are being a bit dramatic.

You have not actually said what your problem is. Have you tried changing the channel on your router? Could be interference, had it on mine when new neighbours moved in.

3. sauobeatbath macrumors newbie

Well your kind of in a pickle because you said you wanted the Macbook Pro over the Macbook for better specs and a bigger screen.