Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxshanly, May 4, 2008.
I was wondering if the MacBook Pro is a safe buy despite WWDC being just around the corner?
No one knows. Most people agree that the latest refresh was pushed out due to a lack of processors. Many say that the Montevina MacBook Pros, and possibly a case redesign, are due at WWDC.
If you can wait, wait. If you cannot, buy and be ecstatic.
I like the HK-47 =D
And I agree.
To answer your question, the MBP will be safe regardless of when you purchase, I haven't heard of any causing bodily harm yet
It comes down to how much you need one vs. how much you care to have the most cutting edge. If you need one now, get it because these are the most powerful MBPs ever. If you want to have the newest and the greatest, wait until the next update because it is rumored that there will be a case redesign. However, that does not mean it will happen at WWDC. For me, I am waiting until July because I need a computer for med school that starts in August (My PBG4 is starting to show signs of age, and it will be a good computer to give to my brother).
I would wait just to see what happens. People can always say what they think will happen, but you don't know unless its confirmed from someone at Apple. I would wait just to be safe, if you can't wait until the actual week you can wait until two weeks before the actual date and if they do release something new then you can exchange yours for the newly updated version. (as long as its from Apple.)
I purchased a new MBP 15.4" in March ... decided that I didn't want to wait any longer. Although I considered waiting for the next revision and rumors of a case redesign, I decided against waiting.
I don't think we'll see a MBP announcement in June, I think it's more likely to happen in July after WWDC.
I reckon it will happen before WWDC, and definitely won't happen at WWDC
1. All manufacturers get the CPU a month or two before official release
2. WWDC is all about software, and the iPhone SDK, and will launch the 3g iPhone
3. iMac's sudden Tuesday update, means stores had the stock by the weekend
4. Its coming upto results time for students, so lots of people will have graduation money to spend, and going to new school new laptop etc.
5. May has always been a big month for updates
6. Penryn update was forced, i have a feeling Apple were unhappy, 4 month life span of Santa rosa chip.
7. MacBook Pro was launched April/May, so its the end of another year.
8. Economic slowdown, its only going to get worse, the earlier its released, the more people that will be able to afford
9. iPhone would shadow laptop updates, so it makes
sense to space them
I just don't see them doing an update in May. I hope they do, but it seems to me that it would be June WWDC, or July for school starting. As far as WWDC is concerned, it is more than just software. The new Mac Pros were announced @ WWDC a few year backs. Also, the MBP was announced in January for release in February. But, I hope I am wrong because I want a new one!
I Really wouldnt mind if it was announced very soon, i just want the new ones, and need one before July.
Hopefully the iPod deal will come back (Please Please Please, I want a Nano for unknown reasons!)
Ill drink to that, sounds good lets hope you're right.
Also: the platform has not had a cosmetic update since its release... its getting old and Apple can't have something that's old. (except their damn ACD)
/crosses fingers and prays to a deity
extremely good points! my parents keep harassing me about getting a new laptop but 2 of my buddies are holding out as long as we can...
if the update isn't as great as we hoped, at least the previous update will be considerably cheaper...
Wait if you can.
Hopefully the update will be good (9600M GT And Hi Res 15" Please ) but if there isnt a case redesign, and no new GPU, then hopefully i can pick up a Penryn one, do Apple mark down old stock when new stuff is released?
Yup, just look at the old iMac's now they drop 300-400 hundred.
Not going to happen, if it doesn't happen at WWDC it will happen after and not before. The new MBP will have the Montiva chip and that isn't released until June. Apple cant release it in its product early.
Lovely! I'll be the first in line for a HD 15-inch version. Hopefully with the same case (my own 0.02, don't flame me, I know there are many who want a new design)
Ill be in the store while you're outside waiting in line
Or actually, I'll be at home waiting... Look at my sig at my MBP if you're wondering what I mean... (BTO)