MacBook Pro AntiGlare scratched (Covered?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2contagious, Aug 21, 2012.

1. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro 17" with AntiGlare screen and it seems that the keyboard (more specifically the Space bar) has created a scratch line on the screen by rubbing away the AntiGlare coating of the screen. Do you think this is covered by Apple Care?

see you,
    2c.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, damage from accidents or wear are not covered.

3. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

You could always claim that the scratch appeared out of the blue...

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I wouldn't call that general wear. If it is actually scratched by the spacebar, that sounds like a product defect. Whether they'd replace it probably depends on the severity of the scratch.

5. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

I wouldn't mention the 'spacebar' because it doesn't sound realistic unless some breadcrumbs or something similar in the keyboard prevented the spacebar from being pushed down properly when closing the screen lid...

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Does that actually happen? I thought the keyboard was low enough so that it never touches the screen. Never heard of it being pushed in but never bothered to take notice.

7. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I simply dont understand these posts.

Everyone here could say, YES its covered, then you take it in and they say NO or vise versa.

Just take it in and see what happens opposed to wasting time and listening to what people on a forum believe what is or isnt covered.

8. markp99 macrumors member

Seen that type issue on non-mac laptops. Seems like a good argument for product defect which should be covered.

Caveat, your space bar was never removed and improperly reinstalled.

9. mcb001982 macrumors regular

The repair will be at the discrepancy of the genius technician that you see in my option unless you can prove that for some strange reason the keyboard was popping out and in turn scratched the screen.