MacBook Pro Apple Care Replacement.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iDutchman, Jul 23, 2012.

1. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

I know, another great apple care experience story, but that's what these forums are for, right?

I have an Early 2011 MacBook Pro with antiglare high res display. It had multiple issues and I just picked it up today for yet another repair done.

Here's the list of replacements:

- Logic Board 2x
    - Top Case
    - Hard drive
    - RAM
    - Airport/Bluetooth card
    - HDD flex cable (2x)
    - Superdrive
    - Battery
    - Antiglare Display
    -
    Today, after picking it up from it's Display replacement, I noticed a big scratch on the bottom, next to one of the screws (looked like of one of those technicians had a screwdriver slip). I knew it was not there and so I took it in again (quite irritated) today just a few hours of actually leaving the store.

The genius employee that I spoke to was surprised and after spending 5 minutes listening to my dissatisfaction, he went to the back. Came back in 5 minutes saying to offer me a brand new MacBook Pro Mid 2012 model as an Apple Care replacement!

The 16GB 1600Mhz + Crucial M4 256GB SSD will be transferred to the new model and the remaining Apple Care period (april 2014) will also be transferred.

So, I left my MacBook Pro and the new one is due for pick-up in 2 weeks.

I'm happy! Great service after all.

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Thats awesome that they are replacing it with a new 2012 model. But 2 weeks? Ouch! Id go nuts without my computer for 2 weeks.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's one of the things that keeps Apple at the top. The CS and AC support is second to none. I have never had to make any kind of claim except for one faulty ATV2 unit when they launched...Not only was it swapped out the next day, but I got a hefty discount on my new iMac, and a personal letter of apology from them as well. I've dealt with a lot of companies over the years, some are truly awful....Sony and I fell out years ago, and I have only recently bought one of their 3D TV's...So far, so good.

A lot of big outfits just don't give a damn about their customers, taking them for granted. I hope Apple never let the CS side slip, it's why I keep coming back for more.