MacBook Pro Apple Care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JavaWizKid, May 23, 2009.

1. JavaWizKid macrumors 6502a

I'm going to buy Apple Care for my MBP soon and as Apple is too expensive I'll get it off Ebay. What do the codes mean eg: MA515ZM/A and MB588LL/A

The second one is cheaper but do the codes mean anything?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

MBxxxxx or MAxxxxx are just model numbers or identifiers and don't mean anything or is not really significant to the consumer.

3. Bobacus macrumors newbie

After checking Apple's website, the apple care they currently list for sale has the second part number that you listed, so I would go with that one.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I believe the part number MB588LL/A was updated to say only "Macbook Pro" and not "Macbook Pro/Powerbook" like the earlier revisions. Either will work.

5. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Sometimes the part numbers can mean Auto-Enroll vs. Retail. I got tricked on ebay like this. I ended up buying the Auto-Enroll version because it was cheaper, and it didn't contain an enrollment agreement card like the Retail versions do. Granted the seller was also deceptive since he/she claimed that it would definetly work. So just be careful. Like one of the previous posters mentioned, go with the part number that is currently listed on the Apple Store website.

6. rw3 macrumors 6502a

rw3

Also, be aware of buying AppleCare off eBay. There was just a thread in here within the past week about Apple not honoring the AppleCare that someone bought off eBay. If you do buy it off eBay, make sure that they are sending you a box.

7. JavaWizKid thread starter macrumors 6502a

Where can I check the number on Apple's site?

8. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Go to store.apple.com and in the search bar, type in "Apple Care". Select the Apple Care for the MBP. Add it to the cart. Then choose view cart, and the part number should be below it.

9. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Okay I just did that for you. The part number is MB588LL/A.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Remember the motto: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.