Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desi22601

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I just got my new macbook pro in today and i love it so far.. of course i am a windows user switching to mac so it will take some time getting used to. I bought the Apple Care Protection Plan and i have a question about it. Does it come in the macbook pro box? I didn't see it inside of it and i definitely paid for it. Thanks for reading :D

iPhil

macrumors 68040
I just got my new macbook pro in today and i love it so far.. of course i am a windows user switching to mac so it will take some time getting used to. I bought the Apple Care Protection Plan and i have a question about it. Does it come in the macbook pro box? I didn't see it inside of it and i definitely paid for it. Thanks for reading :D

Just to register the applecare for MBP and you'll be fine..

AppleCare has it's own box:

applecare_box_125.jpg

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
The Applecare comes in its own box. If you ordered the MBP and Applecare online it's possible they came in different boxes. Don't worry though, if you paid for it you'll get it (and you can register anytime within the first year so no rush).

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
Is it listed on the invoice?

I've never bought a Mac online with Apple Care at the same time. But I'm guessing maybe they could autoregister the laptop. Or they could throw the documents in the box.

If you don't have it in the box, and you've paid for it, you can check your warranty status on apple's website and it'll tell you if you have apple care registered. If that says you aren't registered, and you can't find the documents, call apple.

desi22601

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Is it listed on the invoice?

I've never bought a Mac online with Apple Care at the same time. But I'm guessing maybe they could autoregister the laptop. Or they could throw the documents in the box.

If you don't have it in the box, and you've paid for it, you can check your warranty status on apple's website and it'll tell you if you have apple care registered. If that says you aren't registered, and you can't find the documents, call apple.

Alright thanks for the helpful info, how do i exactly check my warranty status on apple's website?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.