Macbook Pro applecare world wide?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ramzijw, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ramzijw macrumors member

Hey guys,

I bought my first macbook about a month ago second and got myself a mid 2012 13" i5 cmbp for $700 and i love it.

Now my visa in Australia is going to run out soon (mid march) and I'm going back home to do my masters in England. Now if i were to buy a brand new macbook pro here in Australia, would the applecare still cross over in the UK? As at the moment the exchange rate makes them cheaper than back home by a far amount, plus i get student discount and can claim the tax back when i leave the country. But i don't want to buy something like this and if it goes wrong down the line, only to find out i can't get it sorted in the UK.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

So call and ask Apple directly. Don't any of our opinions. The only opinion that counts is that of Apple.

3. khaberz macrumors newbie

Yes. From Apples FAQ at http://www.apple.com/support/products/faqs.html :

The AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac, for iPod, for Apple TV, and for Apple Display provide global repair coverage. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability, and response time vary by country.

Just a few weeks ago, I had defective iPhone (acquired in Germany) exchanged by an Apple Service Provider in China based on my Apple Care plan which was also bought in Germany. Not a problem and great service.

4. ramzijw thread starter macrumors member

Cheers for the info and also awesome news with the back to school promotion which also finishes a day after I have to leave! It must be a sign :D