macbook pro apps for europe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kristince, Nov 23, 2011.

1. kristince macrumors newbie

My new macbook pro is bought in US but im leaving in Germany, and some of my applications and dashboard are only useful for US, how i can convert them for Europe or particularly in Germany. Please help me!!!!

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Depends on the applications, and whether they have versions that are suitable for use outside of the US.

So, maybe you should tell us which apps you are talking about.

3. kristince thread starter macrumors newbie

Applications are kayak explore, yellow pages and they are useful only for US, and dashboard widgets: flight tracker, business, web clip, weather, people, movies. And dashboard is practically not useful for me here in Germany.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Dashboard

Needs to remain. The others can be removed using app cleaner or similar (free just Google it)

DB is built in, and I don't use it much either, but it's part of OSX.

5. stevebubble macrumors member

You can disable dashboard using terminal.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links in the forums, but google "disable mac dashboard" and first result should take you to a Macworld article explaining how to do this.

6. simsaladimbamba

You are allowed to post links in this forum, thus the [​IMG] icon above the text entry field. As long as the link is complying with the rules, and your link surely would, then you can do it.
    I almost always link to already posted or available solutions, as almost all questions about Mac OS X have already been asked too death, thus there are already a lot of answers out there.

----------

No need for such applications, as they miss things.
    Best to use Finder:
    Best way to FULLY DELETE a program

----------

The Weather widget works fine in Germany, unless you live in some small village in Mecklenburg, which doesn't seem to be in the weather.com database.
    Maybe have a look here: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/

7. stevebubble macrumors member