Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wes Jordan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I logged into my Apple account at the store today, and I noticed in addition to the est ship date, Apple provided an est. arrival date...of Feb 21! If the order ships Feb 15, and I paid extra money for 2 day shipping, shouldn't I get it on the 17th:mad:? I think this might just be Apple's way of telling me that they were initially wrong and it won't be ready when promised. Anyone else noticed a new arrival date? What did yours say? Thanks!

Err... edit I just found another thread talking about the same problem. Go post there:).

matperk

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Wes Jordan said:
I logged into my Apple account at the store today, and I noticed in addition to the est ship date, Apple provided an est. arrival date...of Feb 21! If the order ships Feb 15, and I paid extra money for 2 day shipping, shouldn't I get it on the 17th:mad:? I think this might just be Apple's way of telling me that they were initially wrong and it won't be ready when promised. Anyone else noticed a new arrival date? What did yours say? Thanks!

Err... edit I just found another thread talking about the same problem. Go post there:).

same thing here...and to be specific...it says 2-3 days...and that means business days, and saturday is not a business day. So that pushes it back until monday.

And I'm glad I paid the $15--my friend didn't (his says delivered by the 23rd) and when I get mine--I'll make sure to go over there and make him watch me use it! :D :p

revfife

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2006
In a far country
Expect it to push back even further if this article from MacDailyNews has any truth to it: article

The jist of it says there are very very few intel core duo processors out there so there is going to be high demand and low supply. I don't think it makes sense, however, because apparently intel imacs seems to have no short supply.

cleung

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
Hong Kong
Mine says Feb 21 as well and I too paid for extra shipping. I also called a customer service guy on the phone and he said it will be shipped LATEST by Feb 15. Ahhhh...when will it be here???

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
I heard a rumor earlier in the week (don't recall where I read it) that they were looking to begin shipping actually around the 7th perhaps.... I really hope that's true, but with the "shortage" of Intel chips, I'm not sure how likely that is to happen.

In any regard, the estimated ship date doesn't make much sense to me anyway... if it were to ship on the 15th as it estimates, with 2-3 day shipping, that puts the delivery date as Monday at the latest for delivery (in all the dealings I've had with shipping items, the ship dates work this way... if it's 3 days, it is delivered on the 3rd day, etc). Then why does it say Tuesday the 21st?

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's just nothing more than them being extra careful in trying not to give false hopes of it arriving sooner than they can get them out... but I'd like to get mine much sooner rather than later. I had mine ordered within 10 minutes of the online store opening back up (darn lag from everyone ordering), so I hope mine will ship out with the first shipment or two.

kahos

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2005
If there is a shortage of core duo processors, then why can i get a 17" intel iMac shipping within 24 hours?

NeuronBasher

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2006
elbirth said:
In any regard, the estimated ship date doesn't make much sense to me anyway... if it were to ship on the 15th as it estimates, with 2-3 day shipping, that puts the delivery date as Monday at the latest for delivery (in all the dealings I've had with shipping items, the ship dates work this way... if it's 3 days, it is delivered on the 3rd day, etc). Then why does it say Tuesday the 21st?

If it shipped out on the 15th, but after the "cutoff" time, it would bump the 3rd day to the 21st and explain things. In any case, I'm treating the shipping estimates on the order status page as wild a**ed guess right now and setting my expectations accordingly low. :)

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
kahos said:
If there is a shortage of core duo processors, then why can i get a 17" intel iMac shipping within 24 hours?
That's what I don't understand... it makes sense that they're using them all on the iMacs and have a shortage for the MacBook Pros... but in that case, why not distribute them evenly so at least some of each get out? I wonder if this "shortage" is just the result of over-active minds inventing reasons as to why it's taking so long... but of course, I don't have a clue myself.

NeuronBasher said:
If it shipped out on the 15th, but after the "cutoff" time, it would bump the 3rd day to the 21st and explain things. In any case, I'm treating the shipping estimates on the order status page as wild a**ed guess right now and setting my expectations accordingly low. :)
I'm trying to do the same... but man, I want my MacBook Pro! Patience is not one of my virtues

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
Doesn't seem like much to worry about

My take on the whole situation is that the shipping dates given recently are just the extremes, and wouldn't be surprised to see them ship out before these dates. Based on my order and a few others, it looks like they just added the maximum number of days to ship to the 15th, to get the next number. I also wouldn't worry about the shortage of Core Duos to affect the first shipment of the MacBook Pros.

Wes Jordan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I wish it would arrive on the 15, even the 16 would be okay:(. I'm a student and would like to use it to make a keynote for the science fair our class requires that is being held on the 17th. I was hoping I would have it set up and give a "keynote" on that beautiful display using the nifty remote.

The other products I ordered whith the laptop arrived on the 2nd day after shipping. I was impressed.

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
Wes Jordan said:
I wish it would arrive on the 15, even the 16 would be okay:(. I'm a student and would like to use it to make a keynote for the science fair our class requires that is being held on the 17th. I was hoping I would have it set up and give a "keynote" on that beautiful display using the nifty remote.

The other products I ordered whith the laptop arrived on the 2nd day after shipping. I was impressed.

Agreed, I want my new notebook for classes too, as well as work. In one of my classes, I'd like to give iWeb a shot to see about doing a quick job for a nice-looking website for the projects, and the Podcast Studio in Garageband will be perfect since we each have to make a podcast for class as well. The due date for that is in March and/or April, so I hope to have my MacBook Pro by then at the very latest :p

SFNE Freak

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2003
CT
Here's the deal. The MacBook Pro isn't ready yet, and that's why it isn't shipping like the iMac is. All benchmarks for the MacBook comparisons were made using preproduction MacBooks while the iMacs make no mention of preproduction models in their benchmarks.

You'll notice that they said they were shipping in February and the shipping date is February 15th, half way through February. Surely they will be shipping before then.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about your shipping method if these are shipping directly from China. Apple is forced to use express even if you choose ground when shipping overseas. When I ordered my video iPod I used ground and it made it from China to Connecticut in under twenty-four hours. My estimate is that 2-3 day shipping orders and ground orders will arrive at the same time.

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
Wes Jordan said:

I really wouldn't bet any grades on the arrival of your MacBook according to Apple's schedule. I ordered my G5 in June 2004 and received it over a month late in August, and I was one of the lucky ones.

The books may well ship early or on time (I hope they do as I've got one on order) but they could very easily slip a few days or weeks.

Plan your presentation to take this possibility into account and you can only be pleasently surprised; assume that your BunnyBook will arrive on time and you're setting youself up for a nasty shock.

-Escher-

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2005
I paid extra 15$ for 2 day shipping and in my order says:

Estimated shipping date: 15-FEB
Estimated Delivered by 21-FEB
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't understand.....

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Wes Jordan said:
Ahhhh...That explains a lot.

Doesn't really explain anything actually. The 15th is a sunday, so nothing is happening that day. Still, with 2 day shipping it should arrive on Wednesday (assuming they are ready on time... ha!)

Wes Jordan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Chaszmyr said:
Doesn't really explain anything actually. The 15th is a sunday, so nothing is happening that day. Still, with 2 day shipping it should arrive on Wednesday (assuming they are ready on time... ha!)

:confused: The 15th is a Wednesday. 3rd day business day would in fact be Tuesday the 21st.

guffman

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
I ordered mine on Jan. 12th with an estimated shipping date of Febuary 15th, I just called a sales rep today to said it would ship "on or before the 15th of Feb."

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
guffman said:
I ordered mine on Jan. 12th with an estimated shipping date of Febuary 15th, I just called a sales rep today to said it would ship "on or before the 15th of Feb."

Yeah, the order status page says "By February 15th", so that's what I've been figuring. I REAAALLLY hope it ships before.... I'm dying over here.

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
matperk said:
same thing here...and to be specific...it says 2-3 days...and that means business days, and saturday is not a business day. So that pushes it back until monday.

And I'm glad I paid the $15--my friend didn't (his says delivered by the 23rd) and when I get mine--I'll make sure to go over there and make him watch me use it! :D :p
I'm going to laugh so hard if I get it the same day or before you.:D
Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to hang out with you every minute until mine arrives

cnakeitaro

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2006
Virginia Beach
I don't think the estimated arrival date takes into account your 2-3 days shipping bump. I think its just generic for everyone, and it really depends on FedEx when it gets into their hands.

chrisk

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2006
BKLYN
i have a temp authorization on my credit card as of 2/2 for the $18 shipping charge.

they previously did temp authorizations for the total cost, but they fell off. this one was posted today.

probably means nothing, but still kind of exciting for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.