MacBook Pro at Christmas Holidays or Wait???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSamurai, Nov 17, 2007.

1. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

I'm planning to buy a mbp sometimes at the end of the year. I can wait until early January though.

But looking at wikipedia - macbook pro, the timeline suggests that a newer model will be released sometimes in early Q1...

So I don't want to buy a mbp close to its 'expiry date'. Is there any news (not rumours) that they will update/new mbp?

Also, i've never seen apple do this but - do they sell older stock models at a cheaper price in apple stores?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd check out the buyers guide here at MacRumors. Also, there is a MacWorld conference in mid-January (starts the 14th or 15th I believe), rumor has it that there may be new MBP announced.

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

yeah i don't know why you wouldn't look at places that specifically talk about mac instead of looking at wikipedia. if you can wait, do it. if you need the computer now get it and dont look back.

4. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I would wait the extra few weeks until Mac World in January. There's a decent chance that MBPs will be upgraded then.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new MBP revision is announced then, rather than just another speed bump.

5. JLS1 macrumors newbie

MAC Features

Day by day MAC features are updating with an efficient hardware chips......I would like to buy MAC as a memorable gift to my loved ones.