Macbook Pro available immidiately from UK stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nitrocide, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Nitrocide macrumors 6502

Nitrocide

Im unaware of how this has happened in previous times but say the macbook pro gets released in the US at 10AM, yet this is 6PM in the UK will UK buyers have to wait till the next day to buy a new macbook pro from the store. Regents street store in london is open until 9PM (UK time) meaning that for a couple of hours it would be after the announcement meaning that maybe you could pick one up before the store closes?

Anyone have memories of how that kind of thing works?

2. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I rang Bluewater and the woman claimed she didn't even know there was an event, in which case, why the heck is she working there? Then I rang rang Regents Street and she just said standard, we don't know what therye going to realese and we havn't had any special deliveries today. I'm not sure wgtger to trust them or not.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

To answer the question posed, I very much doubt it. Sometimes, such releases can take a few days, or, even, perish the thought, weeks.
    Cheers

4. shoppy macrumors 6502a

I will be ordering on line as soon as the store comes back on line a BTO top spec 15". ASk them if they are shutting down at any point during the evening if so you have your answer there.

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

For what it's worth, Apple retail employees are specifically told not to talk about information that hasn't officially been released to them.

Apple typically does NOT notify retail employees about these media events until after they're done, ergo, she has to pretend she doesn't know anything about it, even if she's read every MacRumors article out there.