Macbook Pro back from shop ... should I restore (time machine) backups?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmpmntwnty3, Oct 9, 2008.

1. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Well, after a week and a few days, my macbook pro is back in my hands. I'm the OP for "Is My Logic Board fried?".

When I booted it up for the first time, it loaded rather slow and took longer than usual to boot up. So I rebooted it to see what it'd do, and oddly enough, it did it again.

When I started to use it, I noticed how slow it was moving. Now, let me preface this by saying that it was NOT my logic board that fried. My LCD screen died. I figured it was my logic board though because when I plugged it up to an external screen ... it didn't work. But anyway, I have a new screen now.

When I originally thought it was my logic board, I did some PRAM resets, power configuration resets, NVRAM resets, the works. So I know I've screwed up and played around with a ton of settings.

I have a time machine backup of the entire harddrive from the weekend before my macbook pro died. Should I just take my harddrive back to that date? Or should I just go through and play with settings. If the time machine back up turns incomplete ... what will happen to my files?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

What is that?