Macbook Pro backlight bleed (stage lights). My story.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rensy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. rensy macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a Macbook 2.53 refurbished 2008 model and was disappointed by the amount of backlight bleed across the bottom and a little on the left edge. I read a bunch of posts that argued that this was mostly normal and whatnot. After countless nights of mulling it over I took the step of calling apple and returning it knowing full well that this bleeding might be normal and I would only be wasting time. Well, today I got my 2nd refurb macbook pro (they overnight ship it, nice) and I am very happy I got it replaced because this one has only the slightest hint (almost undetectable) of bleed across the bottom. Worlds of difference!!

All this to say, if you are unhappy with the backlight bleed, don't accept it and return it. I'm glad I did. Good screens are out there.

2. Chrissj macrumors newbie

Agree, I know some people say that some people don't notice it and they should be happy they don't but i've definitely had problems with the backlight on some other lcd's and the one of the June mbp seems to be almost perfect.

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

My story is the EXACT SAME as yours! Haha I just sent mine in so I'm glad you got a good one back :D did they replace the whole laptop or just the screen?

4. Jottle macrumors 6502

That's the thing. Some show the stage lights more than others. It should only be a problem if you see it during normal operation and not on a totally black screen at full brightness :)

5. potheekaami macrumors newbie

6. m85476585 macrumors 65816