macbook pro backlight keyboard uneven?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Jul 9, 2010.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

Recently, I have noticed that the backlight is a little inconsistent. The centre keys are very bright (6,7,y,u,h,b,n) and those immediately surrounding those keys (t,g,j,m) are quite well lit, with everything else being very dull (such as the 9,0,l,:,/ keys). I don't know if i have done anything to cause this. I never noticed this problem before. Is this normal or should I contact applecare about this and get it fixed?

2. magamo macrumors 6502

Mine is lit fairly evenly. It's like different keys look slightly brighter if I move my head.

3. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

it is meant to be enough to not blind you at night when you actually need it, Mine is fairly even
    Totally readable on minimum brightness at night, having an actual brightness choice is overkill in my opinion since you don't need the full brightness at night which will probably be brighter than the screen

4. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

O ok I get what you guys are saying. I'm not trying to be picky or anything,but it's that I just got my macbook pro back from applecare from a different defect (trackpad issue). When I got the report, it stated that they replaced the top part of the computer. When I checked the trackpad, and the keys (backlight all the way up), I was surprised to see that all of the keys on the right side are totally dimmed than on the left side. Aside of that, is there anyone else who has a similar problem as my mbp?

5. maroulis macrumors member

you' re not alone, I just picked up a MBP 15 Custom Order with 2.2/8gb and have the same issue. I've emailed my local apple business team and will keep you posted. I'm sure it's a defect cause I've had numerous 15's and none of them have this issue...

it's actually very annoying because it almost blinds you at high setting while the rest of the keys are dulll