Macbook Pro backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lightsout, Jul 4, 2007.

1. lightsout macrumors member

2. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

3. lightsout thread starter macrumors member

Which Crumpler backpack do you have? I can spend a bit more if it is worth it (to protect my Macbook Pro, it will be!).

4. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

I have a cheap targus for my powerbook. It was $30 and is a little lacking in the padding department. Coupled with a neoprene sleeve it would be fine though.

5. seany916 macrumors 6502

Seriously.

Don't buy a backpack you can't put on your back.

My girlfriend bought a backpack that was SO cool. Except it doesn't fit me at all. If I had bought it over the internet, it would have to be returned.

Good luck

6. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

The Incase Rip-Stop backback that Apple sells (for about $100) is really nice. I use it daily for both my 17" MBP and for a Dell 17" XPS laptop (it will even hold both at the same time). I also like it for travel as it holds my MBP and accessories, plus my Nikon DSLR with flash and lens. And it fits under airplane seats. Padding and number/type of pockets is excellent.

Recently, the zipper separated (probably because I overpacked it).. I sent it back to Incase (it has a 1 year warranty) and they sent back a brand new backpack within about a week.

7. McBeats macrumors 6502a

I just bought Myself a Dakine "Terminal" Backpack
    $60 dollars (discount + free shipping) shipped in 4-5 days.
    http://www.ebags.com/dakine/terminal_pack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=41279

Got it a few days ago -- It is Gangster :cool:
    Its roomy, meaning it is big though if thats your thing (im gettin a mbp so its perfect).

Well padded; shoulders, back, laptop area. comfortable. and a lotta pockets :D

8. Siroc macrumors newbie

Recommending the North Face Surge backpack. Really comfortable and a lot of room.

9. roker macrumors regular

roker

10. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

11. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

12. firstyearprof macrumors member

I'll second the Northface Surge. It cost over $100 but it is one of those purchases that I'm just tickled with. I'm so freaking impressed with this backpack - every little detail shows that this company has thought through how to make this bombproof, practical, and safe for your laptop. It is a TERRIFIC bag, perfect in every way. Roomy but not at all bulky, laptop is very well protected, extra durable zippers (this is why I got rid of my last backpack), comfortable - can't thing of a thing wrong with it. It'll last me a lifetime.

13. nc7r macrumors member

nc7r

C'mon, which Crumpler?

My 'The Puppet' is only designed for a 12" Powerbook, so my new 15.4 MBP won't fit :(

Oh and that was £110 which is $230ish I think. Awesome back pack though, fits loads of photography gear in any looks stylish unlike some of the bags in here haha....

14. Mxsix macrumors member

Mxsix

15. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Wow.

I personally think all computer/notebook backpacks look nerdtastic and butt-ugly.

Some of those Crumpler messenger bags are pretty nice though, but very expensive.

Personally I just use my freebie neoprene sleeve and my casual messenger bag.

16. rufeus macrumors newbie

backpack for Macbook Pro 17" with sleeve

Can anyone tell me if the Dakine Terminal will hold a 17" Macbook Pro WITH a sleeve. I have an INCASE sleeve that I would prefer to have for extra protection.

I like the North Face Surge, but unfortunately it won't accomodate the MBP AND its sleeve.

Or perhaps there are some other backpacks you could reccomend?