Macbook Pro Bags

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hello70, Sep 10, 2011.

1. hello70 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently bought a 13" Macbook Pro, and I'm looking to buy a bag to carry it around in. Unfortunately most of the bags I've seen are more like envelopes, just big enough to wrap around the computer and not carry anything else. Ideally, I'd like something a bit bigger than that, so that I can store the Macbook Pro and still have room for a book or two, some files, etc.

Does anyone have some suggestions for bags like that? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Personally, I like the "envelope" type cases because you can put your MBP in it then throw it in pretty much anything. I have the incase deluxe protective sleeve and it has a pocket on the outside that I can put the MagSafe in if I need, it fits. If I need to carry more with me then I can just throw the sleeve in anything from a small messenger bag to my backpack. I thought I wanted a specific type of bag but in the end am VERY glad that I got the sleeve, it's way more versatile than anything else I've seen.

3. Gillespie81, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

Gillespie81 macrumors regular

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=764963

Heres a thread that has a lot of bags.
    The Thule messenger bag is the one im getting. Nice quality and style. Also if you find a bag you like check on youtube aswell. Alot of people do reviews on bags so you get a real idea how it can be used other than just looking at pics online

4. andrewjthrelfo macrumors newbie

andrewjthrelfo

I have the STM Scout Medium for my 15" Pro. It's a great bag :)

5. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

I bought this and am totally satisfied with it. It contains my Macbook Pro, charger, a couple pens, a small towel, usb cables for my iPods, and an eyeglass wipe. And it's still fairly small and easy to carry around.

6. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I love my Coach slim OP embossed leather messenger bag. It's the perfect size for a 13" Pro (like perfect, perfect; Coach must have been using a 13" MBP when designing it), Coach transatlantic zip leather portfolio, planner, along with my TI-83/89, pens, pencils, highlighters, and some other random stuff. It's not cheap, I think it's down to $350 or so now, but it also isn't disposable like a lot of junk is; it's made of soft, thick, durable leathers with nice stitching and great attention to detail, and has a simple and classic design, while still being trendy with the embossing (I think bags/backpacks[gross] with all kinds of "features" and crazy looking pockets or attachments look stupid). I got mine back last year(April 2010) a few days after I got my 7,1 MBP; I use it most everyday and it looks just as good as the day I got it.

It's not cheap, but compared to Gucci(I have a few of their pieces[carry on duffel bag, wallet, and just recently received a messenger bag] and IMO they're not made well, and all are from Neiman so it's not an issue of them being fake) or LV("LV" printed leather feels like plastic to me) it's a steal, and the quality is imo much, much better.

7. jmacnash macrumors newbie

8. VABuckeye macrumors newbie