MacBook Pro Battery Consumption - Amperage drain

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xelium, Nov 21, 2010.

1. xelium macrumors newbie

Getting fustrated with my Macbook Pro 15''. Could never get battery to last more than 5-6 hours. This is the MAX i can achieve, with great pains to enhance battery life.

Argh, what's wrong with my Macbook Pro?

[​IMG]

Check out the amperage drain. At this rate the Macbook Pro wouldn't last more than 5 hours. This is with half brightness, only finder and Chrome open, and the battery recently calibrated.

The amperage drain increases to -1400+ when i have more tabs open, and a few other apps.

However there was this ONE RARE OCCASION, where my Macbook Pro would only drain between -700 to -800 amperage. This was in normal usage and the battery easily lasted closer to 8 hours. But somehow, i can never replicate this anymore!

What's going on here?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Is the 5-6 hours based on the iStat estimate, or the time until it shuts down from actual use? In either case, look at other things you might have running, such as background processes, widgets, browser add-ons, flash on websites, etc.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

really is 5-6hours not enough for you before you need to recharge? how often do you get a chance to plug your mbp in?

it seems to be paining you a lot!.... what would your life be like if you had a pc laptop?
    I've had my 13" for just over a year now and I've noticed a 2% loss of my battery. But so what. Its not going to last forever, but longer than your usual pc laptop.

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Seeing you have a wireless mouse, that would mean you have bluetooth on regularly and that drains a lot of energy.
    Turn off Bluetooth and just watch your remaining time go up drastically.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Excellent catch. Bluetooth will use a good amount of the battery, even if it is just a mouse.