MacBook Pro Battery Died During File Transfer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by The Tuck, Jun 25, 2012.

1. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Hi All,

I recently installed an SSD and have been transferring data from my FW 800 backup little by little to copy as little clutter over as possible. Today, I was copying my iTunes Library when I stepped out of the house for a bit and forgot to plug in my battery. The computer shut off after about half had been transferred.

A few hours later when I got back, I immediately plugged it in. It refreshed from the save state image and kept transferring the files from where it had left off..

When it completed and I opened iTunes, everything seemed fine and normal. My question is this: Do I have anything to worry about down the line? Does OS X have safeguards in place for exactly this sort of situation? Would love some advice.

Thanks!
    Tuck

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You will be fine. It won't just stop mid file transfer and break things. As the battery is on its last bit of power the system will sense this and shut down.

3. The Tuck thread starter macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Thanks. Everything seems fine so far, so I don't think I have anything to worry about. And I had just re-enabled the OS X sleep image earlier that day. Thank goodness for that!

Tuck