Macbook Pro battery drain problem - no sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmdslick, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cmdslick macrumors newbie

Last night before I went to sleep my macbook pro unibody 2010 was at about 60% battery, so I closed my lid to go to put it asleep, left it on the coffee table, and went to sleep myself.

Woke up this morning to a completely drained battery, and once I plugged it in the mac had to boot up fresh... not from hibernation.

Now this is the first time this has happened, but I did make a change a week ago by cloning my drive and installing a Momentus XT 500GB. It came with sd23 firmware, and I read about many of the problems associated with it, so I almost immediately flashed it to sd24. I haven't had any problems with the drive so far, but don't know if this is a problem with the new drive, or if this may be a program, or some other anomaly.

One troubleshooting check I just did was shut the lid to listen if the drive spun down, and it did.

I have searched extensively through the forums, although I could have missed something.

Help?

2. /user/me macrumors 6502

If you have sleep turned off in the settings, that could do it. Another thing that could be happening is that your computer was running a disc scan/update in the background and this drained your battery.

3. /user/me macrumors 6502

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is a sleep issue, not a battery issue.

5. /user/me macrumors 6502

It's just as valid a battery issue because it's not normal for the battery to drain so fast.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not abnormal if the MBP didn't stay asleep and was running all night.