Macbook Pro battery exploded...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hyddan, May 21, 2008.

1. hyddan macrumors member

I recently wanted to change batteries on my macbook since it was about 3 month ago I did a swap but I found it looking a bit strange;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What should I do with it? is my house full off lethal acids now?

It was bought over a year ago across the atlantic sea so I'm not sure there's any warranty left on it.

P.S. And why? My room where I kept it is not exposed to direct sunlight so it can't be that.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

phone apple and ask for an email address where you can send these pictures to. I'm sure they will be very proactive about this.

3. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

http://www.apple.com/support/macbook_macbookpro/batteryupdate/ there was an exchange program that I participated with my 17" MBP a while back... my battery actually looked worse than that! I didn't notice because it happened over about a 3 week period while I was using my MBP hooked up to an external display. Took it off one day and it didn't sit right, so i flipped it over and ''GOOOOOOO''. I filled out a form at the site above (I believe that was where it was... found via the Apple support site) and they sent me a new battery and asked me to send the old one back. All was well after that.

4. hyddan thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I should definitely fall into this category. Thanks a bunch!

I'll try to hook up with some apple person about it.