Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Ok so the yesterday I slept my MacBook Pro and they unplugged the magsafe. Then when I tried to wake it from sleep later on I realized that it had turned off. So I tried to turn it back on (not plugged in) and I heard the HD and SuperDrive turn on and then suddenly turn off. I checked the battery meter on the battery and it was about half way charged. When I got home that night I plugged it in and it turned on fine. Then today sense the battery was charged up full I thought that I would recalibrate the battery so I unplugged the power and boom it turned off. Then I reset the PRam and the PMU and the problem still occurs. Also, the battery shows an 88% max capacity in coconut battery.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Wes

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
crees! said:
Did you check to see if your battery falls under the recall list?

No it doesn't but I checked at Apple Suport Discussions and they said that they had the same problem, called apple and apple sent them a new battery (next day) even though it wasnt on the recall.

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
A battery can be defective even though it doesn't have a recalled serial number.
This definitely sounds like a bad one, just call AppleCare and I'm sure they'll send you a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.