MacBook Pro Battery Health Prob??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dfa18, Jul 29, 2008.

1. dfa18 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I just calibrated my battery but then my stats still shows that my battery health is 28%, after going through 106 cycles. Oh and its just 1 yr old.

Is there a problem? Thanks

2. Vegabondsx macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro, 2.16ghz Core Duo, 15"G.

I had to get the battery replace twice because the battery life diminished to the point where I'd get about 5-10min charge within about six months. Luckily, Apple offers extended support for batteries that came with the Core Duo Macbook Pros for up to two years. I've gotten it replaced two times, but the current battery seems to be working well. I'm not sure if there is similar support for the Core 2 Duo Macbook Pros. 28% is pretty low for one year, in my opinion. If you are under warranty see if Apple will replace it for you. Your best bet is to take it to an Apple store if there's one near you.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Apple should replace it, the battery should hold approximately 80% of its original capacity after 300 cycles.

4. dfa18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers. But then I'll have to see if I can get it replaced for free cause it's Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro and I didn't extend the warranty...

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

If things get worse, call Apple

I had to have 2 batteries of mine replaced in my first year of my MBP

Was a mess but it got sorted out eventually