Macbook pro battery health question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by b00gigi, Oct 25, 2010.

1. b00gigi macrumors newbie

Hi, I have searched countless threads about battery health but I feel that each individuals battery health situation is so unique due to the numerous fluctuations.

I have a 2010 13" MBP with battery health of 92%. Load cycle: 13. and Age of 4 months( but i got it 2 months ago)

Should I be concerned with the battery health at this point?

Thank you for your time

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, there's no reason to be concerned. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. b00gigi thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, so then I should just wait until 80% at 1000 cycles to determine whether or not a battery replacement is needed?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

A replacement isn't needed. There's nothing wrong with your battery. Read the link I posted. Your battery health will fluctuate over time.

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

My macbook pro battery is at 91% health after 195 cycles, according to the genius bar's test. They would not replace it, even though it will reach 80% long before the 1000 cycles that it is rated for at the rate that it is going. They said that it had to be at 80% or lower before 1000 cycles before they can replace it.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's because your battery health can fluctuate both up and down over time, as stated in the FAQ. It's not always a straight decline. There's no way to accurately predict whether you'll be below 80% before 1000 cycles.

7. Turian.Spectre macrumors regular

Turian.Spectre

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Of course, you don't need an app to calibrate your battery. If you have a hard time remembering, you can simply add a reminder in iCal.