Macbook Pro battery issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dorimax, Feb 22, 2015.

1. dorimax macrumors newbie

Hi all,

the battery of my macbook pro mid 2010 unibody started to have a strange behaviour.
    When is connected to the power source say that the battery is not charging, and you can see always the same value ex. 8%, if i unplug and plug the power source the % raise instantly to ex. 60% at the end the battery shows 98% and say charged and plugged in.
    If i use the mac without power source it last about 4 hours until a sudden death, but until the last minutes the % is very high ex. 80% .
    What is happens ? i need to recalibrate or something similar ?

Ty
    Massimo

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd sat its probably time to replace the battery, you got 4 years out of it, and batteries don't last forever.

3. dorimax thread starter macrumors newbie

this is what i have thinked but 4 hours of work before die ? is better than many other notebook...
    ok i admit this is my first mac.

4. dorimax thread starter macrumors newbie

Today i was no more able to turn on the Mac.
    When i plug the power source the light comes green, and the led gouge on the left side blink just the first one, but there is no way to turn it on...
    battery dead ? the mac should not start with a completely flat battery ? any test that i can do ?

Thank you
    Max

5. dorimax thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok,

i have detached the power plug and battery, pressed the power button for more than 10secs, and reattached the battery.
    Now if i put the power plug the light is amber, i will wait some minutes and then i try to turn on again... crossfingers