Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewaclt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
This is my first mac and I seem to be having some battery issues. I have a Macbook Pro running 10.5.5. I have done the battery calibration but it doesn't seem to be working.

i.) My mac does not display the low battery warning, it just...cuts off. I read something about making sure "Show battery status in the menu bar" was checked, and it has always been checked. It doesn't seem to be sleeping, rather just dying outright.
ii.) When the battery cuts off, the Apple battery status typically says I still have over an hour of charge left.
iii.) The notebook has gone through 68 loadcycles in "16" months (I bought it from apple only 13 months ago...figured age of mac starts in the factory?) but its at 52% of it's original capacity (all according to coconutBattery). This doesn't seem normal.
iv.) The light on my power cord/supply doesn't turn green anymore.

Will apple replace my battery? Anything I can do? I've read https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/566576/ but that didn't seem to help. I did not notice anything before 10.5.5 but my mac usage the past month has been minimal.

e12a

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2006
set up an appointment with the apple store. Bring the computer, charger, and battery. They may replace the charger, but you might have a hard time getting a new battery, after 1 year. If you push them the right way, you can probably get a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.