Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skir0987

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hello,
I bought my MacBook Pro about nine months ago, and the battery is starting to act really weirdly. Earlier today, I turned on my computer, only to have it tell me I was on reserve battery power at 100% charge. I shut it down and reset the PMU, but it still told me the same thing. I checked in system profiler and it said I had a full charge capacity of 470. So, I left it plugged in for a while thinking it may fix itself, but now it says that I have a full charge capacity of 63,836. Also, recently, the condition of my battery has been changing; it said it needed to be checked for a while, then it said bad, and now it's back to good condition. Any idea what's up with it? It's a MacBook Pro 4,1 and the battery model information says Sony-ASMB012-****-****. I have attached a screenshot of the system profiler window.

Attachments

• battery.gif
    battery.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 176

skir0987

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Hmm... I just unplugged my computer after it was charging for about 1.5 hours and the full charge capacity is back down to 700 and time remaining at 100% is now 25 minutes :confused:

Hmm...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.