MacBook Pro Battery Life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ryan42, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ryan42 macrumors 6502

ryan42

I have a 17" MacBook Pro that's less than a year old. I get about 80 minutes on a full battery charge on medium brightness, with the performance set to max battery life. This sounds really screwed up since I recently messed with a friend's 15" MBP that got upwards of 3 hours. Any ideas?

2. capoditutti macrumors 6502

capoditutti

I would speak to Apple before that warranty runs out - nothing sucks like something going bust just after warranty period and then not being able to get it sorted/replaced. Have you tried a different battery in the machine?

CaPo

3. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Your battery will not be under warranty if it has more than 300 cycles. You can check that in System Profiler. I would be surprised if you racked up over 300 cycles in less than a year unless you let it drain every single day.

4. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

80 minutes is not very long at all...

I get at least 4 hours...

5. bdgdoom macrumors member

i just got off the phone with applecare. I was worried because it seemed that the person helping me was very new. (jittery and impatient with himself) but after answering the full charge capacity shown in system profiler (3075) and cycle count (89) he excitingly said, "you qualify for a new battery!" all in all it took me 5 minutes to get a new battery from applecare.

I'm happy now.