MacBook Pro battery problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hobey123, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hobey123 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I purchased the new Macbook Pro, 15" model in december last year and have been using the widget istat pro to monitor the condition of my battery. I noticed when i installed istat pro that my battery life was on 96% about a week ago. Last night I left my MBP in the dormant mode (as in just shutting the lid) and for some reason the power cable had come out. When I woke this morning I discovered that the power cable was out and subsequently plugged the charger back in. When i brought up the istat's widget I noticed something very strange, my battery health had diminished to 68% overnight from 96%. I am wondering how this is possible and if this is anything to be concerned about and if this is a problem whether it will be replaced by Apple warranty.

What do you guys think??

Update: I also used another program called Battery Health Monitor with the same results, the charge cycles is 37, so the battery hasn't been used too frequently.

2. sthpark7791 macrumors regular

Try calibrating it. My battery's capacity dropped drastically a couple months ago and it just went back to normal after a couple days.