Macbook Pro Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brsboarder, Feb 15, 2008.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

So,
    I have a 15" macbook pro. About a month ago, something happened to the charger. It will charge the computer, but the light doesn't stay on, or is sometimes very dim. In addition, one of the pins can get pushed in a little bit. I tried the charger on a perfect macbook and it worked fine. I then tried the macbook charger on my macbook pro, and it charged the battery perfectly. However, I only have about 10min of battery life all of the sudden. I am wondering if it might be charging incorrectly, or anything like that. The computer is only a little more than a year old and it seems weird that it would only be 10 min charge left. The bigger problem is that I am in a country where computer stores don't' exist. So, I can get a battery because someone is coming down, but want to make sure that that is the problem. I tried resetting my p-ram, but dont know what else to do

2. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Have you called AppleCare? What did they say?

It may be that the charging unit was damaged which then damaged the battery so that both need replacing.

3. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

can't call applecare. It would cost about $40 for waiting on hold, and the phone call, and the computer is out of warranty

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99