Macbook Pro Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blitz, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Blitz macrumors newbie

Out of nowhere my battery went from lasting 3-4+ hours to only lasting for less than one hour. I calibrated it since it was shutting off on me when it said there was more than an hour and a half of battery left. It doesn't make any sense. I've had my macbook pro for a little over a year (about one year, one week and a day). I brought it to an apple store, and they ran some tests, and said that there was nothing wrong with the battery, and that it was in "good" condition, and can't do anything about it. If anyone could give me any information on this it would be great.

weird... a week ago when i brought my computer to the apple store, it said "Good" for condition...

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

There is definitely a problem with that battery. You should take it to the Genius Bar again and try to get a different Genius to look at it. I had a MacBook Pro battery have a similar drop in capacity and they replaced the battery on the spot when I brought my MacBook Pro in.

3. Blitz thread starter macrumors newbie

My initial one year warranty is over. The battery isn't covered under my extended. They won't do anything about the battery.

4. richard13 macrumors 6502a

Did you purchase your computer with a credit card? Sometimes credit cards have special features like warranty extension.

Otherwise, correct me if I'm wrong but can't you just buy a new battery that's the same as the one in your Mac?

5. TK2K macrumors 6502

TK2K

it might sitll be covered because it looks like it epic failed... not just a standard fail, your cycle count is so low they might cover it

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Have them take a look at it and even if it is out of warranty, they might replace it for you. I noticed that the cycle count is only 93; what's up on that? Did you keep it plugged in 24/7? You might need a new battery or it could be the MagSafe Charger... :eek::eek::eek: