Macbook Pro Battery question/help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by desi22601, Feb 2, 2009.

1. desi22601 macrumors member

Well this just happened to me today.. i've had my Macbook pro for probably less than a year now, its feb 2008 model and today i just noticed that when i try to charge the battery it won't let me.. like right now its stuck on 67 percent and when i plug my outlet in the wall it just stays at 67 percent and doesn't charge it just says "Battery is not charging, power source =adapter".. does this mean that i have to replace the battery now or is it a problem if the mac itself.. thanks for reading!

2. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Maybe 67% is max capacity. Check out your battery capacity with coconut battery

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It's probably the battery, you should call Apple, or take it to an Apple store, and have them replace it before your warranty expires.

If you let it discharge to say 50%, does it charge back to 67% and stop - or will it just not charge at all?

4. desi22601 thread starter macrumors member

Alright i just downloaded that and it says 67 percent is my current battery charge and my current battery capacity is at 88 percent. I'm not sure what that really means. And r.j.s i think it was originally at around 70 percent then i let it discharge until around 67 and now i still can't charge it

5. nippyjun macrumors 65816

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So it will stay at whatever it is at when you plug in the charger?

I'd milk Apple for a new battery and charger.