Macbook pro Battery time

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ssarah, May 4, 2010.

1. ssarah macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I am totally new to macbook... after being a very supportive Windows user I finally decided to change that and get the macbook pro 13"...

I was trying out the battery and wondering there a bit... I charged it fully and when I started running the mac on battery the remaining time showed around 10 hours... then it would start jumping... suddenly it went to 9:30 and further down... the lowest within half an hour use was 4:30 and right now it's up at 8:50 again...

I was wondering whether this kind of "jumping" is normal or whether just my macbook is doing that?

I am really happy with my decision so far, I love the macbook and I am sure while trying it out in the next week or so I will come up here with some more questions!

Thanks very much for your help!

Sarah

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

The battery meter is estimating the battery's, "trajectory." Thus a small change in power consumption, loading a web page or adjusting the volume, can alter its, "course," significantly.

As well, you must calibrate your battery as you must calibrate every rechargeable-battery-powered device. This allows the computer to understand the characteristics of the battery even more, giving more accurate estimates.

Welcome to the dark side, leave the Tylenol at the door. XD

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

This is normal as the battery time is calculated constantly and as the CPU use is fluctuating, depending on what you throw at it, the time is fluctuating.

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora and you would have found an answer in less than five minutes, maybe even five seconds.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

That's why I turned the time left display off, It was driving me nuts.

5. ssarah thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your answers. I just feared that my battery might have a mistake or something.

I will check MRoogle in the future... thanks for the hint :)