macbook pro battery - where to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teknikal90, Oct 2, 2008.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

my macbook pro bought beginning of this year now onyl has 85% battery health..87 cycles
    -.-
    sucks..i use it everyday, i thought its supposed to last longer if you keep the electrons moving??

wondering where can i buy genuine macbook pro batteries for cheap?the apple store has it for $199 australian..which i think is pretty crap price...
    since the apple care can be had for alot cheaper online, was wondering if its possible to get batteries cheaper too?

ty ty heaps

2. RealEvil macrumors 6502

I have a 14 month old MBP which I use every day. Battery is down to 80% after 101 cycles.

Sorry I dont have any price info for you, but I thought my battery info might be a little useful

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Call Apple and let them know your concerns about the battery health. They may just send a new one your way.

4. jmadlena Guest

Definitely talk to Apple. My battery health started declining rapidly around 120 cycles, went down to 70% from 85 or so very quickly. I called Apple, they walked me through a few steps like resetting the SMC and completely draining my battery and then completely recharging it... then they sent me out a new battery.

Check the Apple discussion forums for others in the same situation. That is always the best place to go first when you have a question like this.

5. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

appreciate it :)

um ill try but i dont think itll work lol...seeing as realevil's 101 cycle battery has 80% charge left...
    but thanks anyway, ill try and see if i happen to get a happy support guy

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Apple states that the batteries should last ~300 cycles while holding ~80% charge, so realevil will need to get another 200 cycles without losing any health to reach those numbers. That is unlikely, but a replacement could be coming their way.

7. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

i will call apple on monday and see how it goes...
    ill psot here the result :) thanks heaps guys

actually...i live real near to an authorised apple service centre...not a resell centre but a service centre,guessing its the closest thing to an apple store...do you guys reckonn i should go talk to those guys instead?

8. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

a service center should be able to order a new battery.

9. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

UPDATE:
    apple got me new batteries!
    in like 5 minutes of talking on the phone!

good customer service