Macbook Pro battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrRoyksopp, May 7, 2011.

1. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Hello everyone.
    - I just want to ask this question:
    If I have the power plugged in to my MBP while it's fully charged, does it then effect my battery life?

Cause I see a lot of people who have their power plugged in, when it's already fully charged.

So, can I run it in for example clam shelled mode, without thinking about the battery life on my MBP?
  2. simsaladimbamba

Nov 28, 2010
    This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    Apple Notebook Battery FAQ by GGJstudios
  3. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

Aug 6, 2006
    Greenwich, CT
    it's fine to keep your computer running on a/c power with the battery at 100%, but every now and then pull the power and make the computer run off of battery until it's been depleted, then charge it up again. Doing this a couple times a month ensures optimal battery life.
  4. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Thanks a lot!
    The answer I were looking for.
  5. davie18 macrumors regular

Dec 29, 2010
    I thought apple say to only do that once every 2 months?
  6. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Sep 1, 2010
    thats the Full calibration, which means letting it run down until it suspends, then letting it continue to drain until the suspend light goes off, then leaving it another 5+ hrs, its a pain in the ass to do for me as it can take me out of action for 10+hrs between it suspending and being able to start using it on mains again.. luckily that will be a thing of the past as im getting a new imac as soon as they release lion.
  7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    You don't need to run it down completely. Running it down to around 50% or so every few days will work just fine. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: