Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madrid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
So I recently got my Macbook Pro around 2 days ago. I installed istat pro and coconut battery and they both say my battery capacity is 99% I mean I know its not allot but why isnt it 100%?! This computer is two days old. What should I do is this normal? Thanks :)

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
So I recently got my Macbook Pro around 2 days ago. I installed istat pro and coconut battery and they both say my battery capacity is 99% I mean I know its not allot but why isnt it 100%?! This computer is two days old. What should I do is this normal? Thanks :)

I don't think it's accurate, it can change all the time. Wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you calibrate your battery every month.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's perfectly normal for your battery health to fluctuate up and down over time. There are hundreds of threads on this. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Madrid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2011
I don't think it's accurate, it can change all the time. Wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you calibrate your battery every month.

How do you calibrate the battery? :) Do you know if the Macbook Pro battery has a good battery like will it last a good amount of time?

itzman

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
SOME WHERE IN A CAVE
mine was the same when i bought it the first day I was worried and i took it back to apple store then it was showing 100% there. What a jock! then they told me it fluctuate so that's the story. Its over one year now battery still the same, I can play iTunes over 10hrs alone and i use it 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.