Macbook pro battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by episilondelta, Mar 29, 2016.

1. episilondelta macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I just had a question about my battery for my MBP bought late Feb 2016. It's been around 40 days now and I'm on 20 charge cycles + I have 6528 charge capacity. I usually use my MBP for uni and it goes down to about 50-60% before I'm able to fully charge it again at the end of the day. But sometimes it goes lower.

Is this normal? Or should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

2. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

It's perfectly normal and actually a good way to treat the battery. It would be a bad thing for the battery to always keep the charger plugged in, or on the other hand, to always fully charge and discharge it til a low battery percentage and then fully charge again. With the way you're using your MBP now you have no reason to be concerned at all.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Modern batteries and the controllers for them do everything possible to keep them in top condition nothing you can do will make any difference apart from keeping your cycles as low as possible and even then time means much more to battery death than cycles. Use it however you want, charge it when you can and enjoy it for the portable machine it is, the battery will degrade and will need replacing after 3-5 years whatever you do.

4. episilondelta thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your replies! So is 6528mAh charge capacity normal, because I read somewhere that max charge capacity is 6900 mAh, and my MBP is only 40 days old!