Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SCHLEGELBAGLE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
hi, i just got a macbookpro yesterday and i thought the battery was great and i fully charged it yesterday evening and this morning i turn it in, and in a matter of 50 mins the battery is at 78%, and i was only downloading songs for itunes via vuze! is this normal or am i just freaking out...

will letting it deplete compelty help

Thanks, sorry for spelling in a rush :)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Apple on notebook batteries
Apple Portable: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance

MRoogle is also a good tool to search this board and might give one or two thousand threads discussing this issue.

Btw, Vuze might take up many CPU cycles, thus the battery is depleted faster. Look at Activity Monitor (SHOW ALL PROCESSES and sort by CPU) to see for yourself.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics

Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.