Macbook pro beeping noise power off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Asifoo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Asifoo macrumors newbie

Hi !

I messed up and spilled Coke on my macbook keyboard! Well the keyboard seems not to work, the keyboard layout has changed into special character layout and when the computer is off there is a beeeepng noise all the time, i have located and it seems Coming from logic though, when i deconnect the battery there is no sound! Is the logic board broken??ps the noise is when the power is off when its on its no noise

2. Voca macrumors member

Voca

First of all, Coke or similar drinks are worse than water. DISCONNECT FROM POWER SOURCE, TURN IT OFF, KEEP IT OFF and TAKE THE BATTERY OUT! It needs a good internal cleaning. High percentage rubbing alcohol is the way to go. Disassemble the laptop and submerge logic board and top case individually - without any attached parts! Soak it for at least 15-20 minutes. Scrub it down with a toothbrush, to get the sugar off. Clean other parts with rubbing alcohol as well. Dry all parts for at least 12 hours. Reassemble. Do not connect battery, hdd or optical drive at this point. Try to power on.
    If it powers on without issues, you might saved your machine.

Let me know, how things turn out.

3. Asifoo thread starter macrumors newbie

I spilt it last week and i dryed for one day and the macbook is ok beside he keyboard like i Said when the computer is off it makes electric noising like tinnitus, next to the logic board! :mad:

4. Asifoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry the sound is whinning when the power is off! :confused: